Saturday, August 4, 2012

Emily the Genius, Review

Emily the Genius Review
I thought I'd work on some of the reviews I haven't done yet... Here's Emily the Genius.
This episode begins with Emily finding out that according to her test results she's a genius. Right away, I knew something was up. Don't get me wrong, Emily is a smart kid. But first of all her vocabulary sounds very down to earth, and on first impressions one wouldn't get the idea that she's as smart as Eugene,  or Matthew even. However the angle of this episode is rather impressive. Later Emily is told that
the tests got swapped, but she feels obligated to take the test anyway, because of her parents reactions. Out of love she forces herself to study hard to do well on the test. While I find the angle of this episode interesting, it is hard for the listener to stay interested. However I did like this quote:

Matthew Parker: Why do I smell fish?
Eugene Meltsner: I was working on a new milkshake that combines the omega3 benefits of fish oil with various fruity substances.
Matthew Parker: yeah well..
Eugene Meltsner: The fishy aroma is overwhelming the fruity sweetness?
Eugene Meltsner: Which is why I have this handy air freshener near by. Does that help?
Matthew Parker: Now it smells like a fish died and all the other fish sent flowers.
They had a real challenge tackling this theme, and while it's not my favorite episode, I'm not sure I would've done it differently as far as for this theme.

Theme: Love always perseveres 3.5/5
Humor: 3/5-- It has a couple funny moments, but nothing out of the ordinary.
Quotes: 3/5 --
Standout Quote(s): See Above
Interest level: 2.5/5
"Like" rating: 3/5

Average Rating 3/5  

Have any thoughts about this episode? Feel free to comment. And that's all for now. This is Freddy Jay, connecting the gap between Odyssey and YOU! 

No comments:

Post a Comment