Sunday, August 14, 2011

I met THE Brock Eastman!

Friday, Brock had a book signing and it just happned to be close enough that I was able to go! I met THE Brock Eastman from the Adventures in Odyssey Podcast, as well as author of HowlSage, Taken and the sixth book in the Imagination Station series.  Not only did he sign Howl Sage for me, he also signed the back of my cover for my dollar that won the AIO GRC contest in the 18+ category. Below are pictures of me and Brock, and his signature. Click to see em bigger.



It didn't take long for me to start on his book HowlSage. I really dug into yesterday, and I finished it today. This is an excellent book. In this book, the main character Taylor is a young demon hunter. And the demons he hunts purposely have similar characteristics of werewolves, and vampires amongst other things.  It makes the point that some shows and movies portray werewolves and vampires as heros. But this book puts those creatures in their proper places. This book is an awesome take on the battle of good vs evil. It also contains several interesting inventions and really keeps you guessing. Amongst other things it expresses the need to stay close to God. This book is a great read, and I encourage you to check it out.

3 comments:

  1. Those are great pictures! That must have been great!

    His book sounds interesting, but though I am a big reader, fantasy really isn't my genre, and I rarely have time to read anymore. :( You wouldn't believe how many books I have read half-way through. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm confident you'd finish both Taken and HowlSage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taken does look really good too. And since I'm waiting on BlizzardSage, I probably will decide to get that one too.

    ReplyDelete