Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Mystery of the Clock Tower Parts I, & II Review

The Mystery of the Clock Tower, Part I & Part II Review (Links = Wiki page)

Here's my reviews for the premiere episodes of the season. 
First Part:
The first part was pretty good. Not the "I'm sitting on the edge of my seat, and gotta know what's gonna happen next" good or "One part scared the bajeepers out of me" good, but good all the same. The ending was especially "good". It left me wanting to know why exactly the clock was counting down. Although, I'm not sure the cover art was really explained in the episode. What is Eugene reaching for on the coverart? The characters worked especially well together. Then there's my favorite quote of this episode "It's freak out time!.
Overall I give this episode

Theme: 4/5
Humor: 3/5
Music: 5/5
Interest level: 5/5

"Like" rating:  5/5

Total: 4.5/5

Second Part:
Some think this part didn't hold to the first, kinda like the Inspiration Station. To me it wasn't too bad. It kinda wrapped it up pretty nicely. The whole clock counting down as a diversion was an interesting touch. I had maybe the slightest suspicion that it was the janitor dude, but it wasn't really all that predictable in the sense I had no clue how he'd pull it off or why. So it was perhaps thrown out on a chain, for us to bite, but there wasn't much else to go on until this part. The conversation(s) on the phone part was a funny/unique part to it.
Overall I give it
Theme: 4/5
Humor: 4/5
Music: 4/5
Interest Level: 5/5

"Like" rating: 5/5

Total: 4.5/5

My total rating for this two part episode is: 4.5/5

Other reviews of this episode

No comments:

Post a Comment