Friday, August 10, 2012

The Labyrinth, Part 3 Review



The Labyrinth Part 3
 In this episode things pick up the pace really quick. Jason figures out most of the information he gets from conversations he has. The idea of a toxic powder being shaped into a vase and released into the air by way of having it sit at room temperature is genius on Mr. Grote's part. In some ways, this mission was one of Jason's easier cases. Mycroft gives Jason information as to where the vases are in the museum, and they get a hold of authorities by way of Mycroft letting them keep their cell phone.
The authorities come and rescue the gang, as well as capture the bad guys. There's just one more kink; One crate is missing and Grote is no where to be seen. Jason and Billings corner him due to a tracking device Jason planted on Mr. Grote. The best part of this episode is when Billings forces Grote into the coffin in an effort to make him breathe the Koflax. Billings threatens to shoot Jason if he doesn't assist him. Jason reluctantly listens and then argues with Billings. He then asks are you willing to shoot me if I let him out, and Billings replies with a yes. For Jason to consider risking his life for an enemy is such an honorable thing to do. The tension there is just so thrilling, it gave me chills the very first time I heard it. 
The talk with Dale is so touching. It furthers Jason's character. It's such a great way to end the episode.

Odyssey Connection:
Jason makes the comment that everything in him agreed with Billings. But overall Jason did the right thing. Now, we never really come across anything quite as intense as that in our everyday lives, but we're still given that task to stay on the right road. And sometimes it isn't easy. Odyssey presents this theme in an exciting way. On the flip side of things, we encounter the want to get revenge, or to do something we know is wrong. In this episode Jason's actions reflected the question; What Would Jesus Do, and this question is very helpful in staying on the right path.

Theme: Following the right Path 4.5/5
Humor: 4/5
  Quotes: 4/5 --
Standout Quote(s):

Jason Whittaker: Are you willing to shoot me if I let him out?
Agent Billings: Yes.
Jason Whittaker: Well, then you better prepare yourself.


Jason Whittaker: Everything in me agreed with Billings. I wanted vengeance just as much as he did. I could feel it. Under different circumstances, I might have done exactly the same thing.
Dale Jacobs: Somehow I doubt it.
Jason Whittaker: Yeah but see, that's the labyrinth Dale. To live in lies to save the truth. How's a man supposed to do that? I mean even for a good cause.
Dale Jacobs: I don't know Jason. I'm a journalist. I've had to live with that question my entire career. The taste of lies is fowl and it's even worse if you get used to it. I know that good will win in the end. But I have to pray for forgiveness if I've taken a wrong step while fighting for what's good.
Interest level: 5/5
"Like" rating: 5/5
Average Rating: 4.5/5
The average ratings of Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3 = 4.5/5

What did you think of the Labyrinth? Agree with me? Disagree? Let me know and you know how; comment.
Once again this has been Freddy Jay connecting the gap between Odyssey and YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment