Saturday, February 6, 2010

Super Bowl!

Tomorrow is Super Bowl Sunday. I'm not a huge fan of football, but my youth group is having a super bowl party, and a small devotional at half time. So the fellowship ought to be fun anyway. I heard that Focus on the Family will be having a 30 second commercial also. I will be sure to keep my eyes open for that.

Also, I think I may have mentioned this before, but if not, there is a podcast called The Whitsend Podcast. I encourage you to check it out, because he does a great job.

Odyssey connection:This past Thursday at youth group we watched Shrek the Third. Its a pretty good movie. We had a devotional that went with it. Basically the devotional's point was that almost everything movies, books, our world too, have something in common. Some sort of battle between good and evil, and how good in the end ALWAYS prevails. I almost instantly thought of Regis Blackgaard and Bennett Charles when our youth leader said evil, and the fact that in both cases the bad guys always ended up busted in the end. (It wouldn't have been a good story line otherwise.)

I think that about sums up my thoughts for now. This is Freddy Jay saying,
"Now I think its time to see the first two Shrek movies..."

No comments:

Post a Comment